Customer Experience (General) FAQs
(NOTE: We do not accept American Express.) Cash and personal checks are not accepted.
For your everyday needs, you may continue to give your personal 800 number to anyone who needs to call you, just like you have in the past. However, you must also have a local 10-digit number assigned to your videophone, as well, to help identify the location of 911 emergency calls. This local number is stored inside your videophone and will appear as caller ID to the VI.
If your videophone has only an 800 number, there is no way to determine the location of your call, because 800 numbers are used nationwide. A local 10-digit number, however, has an area code and prefix that identifies more specifically the area in which you live, making it easier to determine the closest emergency response center to notify.
Please keep in mind that, when placing a 911 emergency call through VRS, you will still need to provide the address of your location to the video interpreter to confirm the address on file is correct.
For more information on placing 911 calls through VRS, go to www.zvrs.com/about/fcc/dialing-911/.
You are not required to use ZVRS to place calls, log a minimum number of VRS minutes or any other stipulations in order to keep your Z phone. We also do not offer incentives or rewards for placing calls through ZVRS. Our only concern is to ensure that the equipment is for deaf and hard of hearing customers and that the licensee maintains possession of the videophone.
British Virgin Islands
Republic of Malaysia
• Go to www.zvrs.com
• Click on “Login”
• Log in to your Account
• Click on “View/Edit Contacts”
• Add or edit any contacts
• Turn off your Z videophone
When you turn on your Z phone again or log back in, all of your contacts will be available and ready to use!
1. You have dialed the number incorrectly. Please check the number and try again.
2. You have dialed characters such as parentheses “()“ or dashes “-“ or you have inserted spaces. Make sure that you are dialing ONLY numbers without spaces.
3. The phone number you are calling is not registered in the National Database.
2. Type in your username and password, then press the “Login” button.
3. Under “My Videophones,” click “manage My Videophone preferences” to see a list of all of your Z videophone numbers.
4. Find the phone number you want in the list, then click on “Business Cards” next to that videophone number.
5. Your business cards will be downloaded to your computer desktop and will be ready to print!
NOTE: Your business card has an optional line where you can type in your company name, home business, job title or other information that you would like included on your business card in addition to your name and phone number. You can also leave this field blank if you prefer to have only your name and phone number listed on your business card.
To use this optional field, follow the steps below:
1. On the “My Videophones” page, click on the videophone number you would like to use.
2. Go to the “Optional Business Card Field” and type in your company name or other information.
3. Click the “Save” button at the bottom of the page, then print your business cards following Steps 1 through 5 listed above.
1. Go to my.zvrs.com/my/session/new
2. Click on “Forgot your password?”
3. Type in your username or Z5 local Number
4. Click the “Submit” button
Your temporary password will be sent to the email address saved in your My Profile account. If you receive an error message or do not receive your password, please contact Customer Care by calling 866.932.7891 or help.zvrs.tv through your videophone.